Cannabis-infused food products have been growing in popularity and becoming a mainstream trend in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. Cooking with cannabis can provide a tasty and easy way to enjoy the benefits of this medicinal plant. In this article, we’ll be talking about how to make cannabis-infused cookies, a classic treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day!
To make cannabis cookies, you’ll need a few essential ingredients, including:
– Butter or coconut oil infused with cannabis
– Baking Powder
– Vanilla Extract
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil.
Cannabis-Infused Butter or Coconut Oil
Cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil is the base of any cannabis-infused edible. To make it, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup of unsalted butter or coconut oil
– 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of cannabis flowers (depending on your preference)
1. Preheat your oven to 245°F
2. Decarboxylate the cannabis flowers by spreading them onto a baking sheet and baking them for 30-40 minutes
3. Melt the butter or coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat
4. Add the decarboxylated cannabis flowers to the butter or coconut oil
5. Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally
6. After the butter or coconut oil has cooled, strain out the plant material using cheesecloth or a strainer
Now that we have our infused butter or coconut oil, we can move on to making the cookies!
Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Cookies
– 1/2 cup of cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 1/4 cups of flour
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F
2. Cream together the cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, and flour.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, continuously mixing until well combined.
6. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out balls of dough about the size of a tablespoon, placing them about 2 inches apart from each other.
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Q: How much cannabis should I use to infuse my butter or coconut oil?
A: It depends on the potency you’re looking for. A rule of thumb is to use 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of cannabis flowers for every cup of butter or coconut oil.
Q: Can I use cannabis trim instead of flowers?
A: Yes, you can use cannabis trim instead of flowers. Trim has a lower potency than flowers, so you may need to use more of it to achieve the desired effect.
Q: Can I use a different type of oil to infuse with cannabis?
A: Yes, you can use any type of oil you prefer, such as olive oil or avocado oil. However, coconut oil and butter are popular choices because they have a higher fat content, making them more effective at absorbing and retaining the cannabinoids.
Q: How strong will my cannabis cookies be?
A: The potency of your cannabis cookies will depend on the strength of your infused butter or coconut oil and how much you use in the recipe. It’s always a good idea to start with a small amount and gradually increase as needed.
JSON LD FAQ-Page Schema: