Cannabis has been consumed for its medicinal and recreational properties for centuries. With the legalization of cannabis in many parts of the world, more people are interested in learning how to incorporate it into their daily lives. One fun and delicious way to consume cannabis is by making a cannabis-infused chocolate cake, also known as the cannabis chocolate cake or weed cake.
In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to make a cannabis chocolate cake, along with all the necessary information to help you understand the process. We will also discuss the dosage, as well as some important tips and precautions to keep in mind when making and consuming a cannabis chocolate cake.
To make a cannabis chocolate cake, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ cup vegetable oil
– 2 eggs
– ½ cup milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup cannabis-infused butter
– 1 cup warm water
– 1 cup powdered sugar
To make cannabis-infused butter, also known as cannabutter, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 oz. (28g) dried cannabis buds
– 1 lb. (454g) unsalted butter
The first step in making cannabutter is to decarboxylate the cannabis buds. Decarboxylation is the process of heating the cannabis in order to activate the THC, making it more potent.
– Preheat the oven to 240°F (115°C).
– Grind the cannabis buds into small pieces and spread them out evenly on a baking sheet.
– Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cannabis turns light brown.
– Remove from the oven and let it cool.
The next step is to infuse the decarboxylated cannabis into the butter.
– In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat.
– Add the decarboxylated cannabis buds to the melted butter and stir well.
– Cover the saucepan and let it simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
– After 3-4 hours, remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a heat-resistant container.
– Allow the mixture to cool and solidify in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Cannabis Chocolate Cake Recipe
Now that you have your cannabis-infused butter, let’s move onto the cannabis chocolate cake recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the cannabis-infused butter and mix well.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until a smooth batter forms.
5. Add the warm water and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
8. For the frosting, mix together the cannabis-infused butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
9. Frost the cake and enjoy!
Dosage & Tips
When consuming cannabis-infused treats, it is important to keep in mind the dosage. The potency of the cake will depend on the potency of the cannabis used to make the cannabutter. Start with a small slice of cake (no more than 10mg of THC) and wait at least an hour before consuming more. It is always a good idea to label your cannabis-infused treats with the amount of THC per serving for reference.
When making cannabis-infused butter, be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and label it appropriately. Keep away from children and pets.
Q: How does cannabis-infused cake make you feel?
A: Consuming cannabis-infused cake can provide a euphoric and relaxed feeling, depending on the potency and dosage.
Q: Can I use other types of cannabis products in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use other cannabis products such as cannabis oil or tinctures, but make sure to adjust the dosage accordingly.
Q: How long does it take for the effects of the cake to kick in?
A: The effects of cannabis-infused cake can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to be felt, depending on the dosage and personal tolerance.
Q: Can I freeze cannabis-infused cake?
A: Yes, you can freeze cannabis-infused cake, but be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container in the freezer.